Top 8 Yummy Restaurants In Loughborough!
Are you a student living and studying in the fabulous town of Loughborough? Lucky you!
The town is absolutely filled with delicious restaurants, perfect for a quick meal after a long day of lectures.
Perhaps you want to treat yourself and your mates after a big library sesh, or want to show your parents the local cuisine?
Whatever you want, Loughborough deffo has it, from Indian to Chinese to Thai, this place has seriously got it all.
Let’s take a look at the top 10 yummy restaurants in Loughborough and the reviews too!
Bagging the number one spot is Caravelli, just a short 9-minute walk from your cosy accommodation – what a winner.
Serving up some Italian classics in a picturesque old, beamed building, you’re bound to love the vibe of this place!
They even offer a pasta night menu, perfect for any carb lovers out there, because who doesn’t love pasta right?
Their main menu consists of a fabulous range of fish, meat, and pasta dishes bound to satisfy your rumbling tummy.
We’d highly recommend the “Cozze Alla Napoletana” – a traditional dish from naples with fresh mussels in a tomato sauce with herbs and garlic.
This is one of the restaurants in Loughborough that is a real treat for visitors, it’s a place you deffo need to put on your list to visit after COVID restrictions ease.
- Honestly one of the best chicken dishes I’ve ever had. Gin fizz prosecco was refreshing and light.
- This was our first proper meal out since restaurants reopened and it was absolutely amazing!
- Absolutely ticked all the boxes. Nice friendly welcome.
In the mood for a curry? Eastern Spice is another one of the restaurants in Loughborough that you need to visit ASAP!
Just a short 7-minute walk from your student accommodation, you can have a feast and be back home in no time.
There’s so much choice on the menu! From malaya dishes to biryani dishes, take your pick and enjoy.
They have a fabulous range of Eastern spice specialties, we’d definitely recommend the butter chicken.
If you’re a vegetarian, fear not! Eastern Spice has some amazing veggie curries bursting with flavour.
So, if you’re in the mood for a cheeky takeaway or a lovely sit-down meal with your pals, visit Eastern Spice for bags of flavour.
- Been using for a long time and by far the best food and service in the region. Highly recommend for a weekend treat or mid-week takeaway!
- Totally delicious!!! During lockdown a weekly take away is feeling like a real treat and wow Eastern Spice certainly hits the spot.
- The food was on point. Their customer service is the best. They will try to know your taste and make food accordingly.
Everybody loves Lebanese and Moroccan food – right?
If you’ve never tried it before, TARBOUSH is one of the best restaurants in Loughborough to try it, we promise!
Their menu offers a variety of light refreshing dishes which will take your tastebuds on a journey to places like Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco and Turkey to name a few.
We’d highly recommend their freshly made wraps with fresh falafel, halloumi cheese, mosakhan chicken and many more!
TARBOUSH also have some amazing traditional meze dishes from homemade humous to mixed pickles.
- Our experience was amazing as always! Our waitress Elaine was fantastic and ensured we were always full and satisfied. Thank you Tarboush!!!
- Great food and great service. Garden area was well heated. Was served by the lovely Elaine. Thank you.
- Well it’s been a long time since our last visit!! We had the most wonderful welcome!! Food if possible, even better than before.
4. Best Breakfast In Town
Are you ready for the best brekkie in town? We thought so!
Just a 6-minute drive from your student digs, enjoy the perfect hangover cure from this top-rated Loughborough eatery.
Choose between a few different styles of cooked breakfast, or grab a sandwich/wrap to kick-start your day.
Feeling hungry? Why not try their “belly buster” which is 3 sausages, 3 rashers of bacon, hash brown, beans and fried bread.
- Excellent food, thanks. It was really lovely to try some Indian breakfast items and they were all really yummy!
- I honestly enjoyed it. It was a combination of both Indian and English breakfast.
- Great quality food loved it!
5. grab and go
If you’re in the mood for some Middle Eastern food, grab and go has some amazing shawarma and falafels with loads of flavour.
Shawarma is basically a Levantine Arab dish with meat cut into thin slices in a wrap, originally made with lamb.
Their falafel sandwich is to die for, and if you fancy a shawarma, the chicken shawarma comes with a rice base, pita bread, fries, salad, hummus and a drink!
If you’d prefer a classic burger, don’t worry, they’ve got a bunch on their menu including classic beef, falafel and chicken fillet.
- What can I say? Simply the best and most gorgeous Falafel in Loughborough, and the East Midlands! A must-have for anyone who loves amazing food!
- Awesome Shawarma kebab, delicious chips and excellent service. Recommended. The hummus is worth a visit alone
- Fantastic little place, lovely wraps and the chips were really tasty.
6. Mount Gurkha
Located in central Loughborough is Mount Gurkha, offering tasty curry’s, pizzas, burgers, kebabs and many more!
Their most loved dishes include chilli chicken, chefs’ special starters and their yummy traditional Nepalese curry.
There’s nothing like a good old takeaway when you’ve had a busy day studying, and the food from here is fresh and delish!
- One of the best Asian restaurants in Loughborough, excellent service with superb food. Good location too
- Firstly, food was amazing! Great prices too! Ordered via Just Eat. I would definitely recommend this place. I am vegetarian and the choices were excellent!
- Fantastic tasty food and really great value.
7. Slider Town
A cocktail bar and a restaurant combined – what more could a student want?!
On the menu, you’ll find a selection of sliders, salads, loaded hand-cut chips, light bites and yummy nachos.
With current restrictions, they’re only offering takeaway, but keep your eyes out for its reopening when everything eases!
- The chips were amazing, the best chips I’ve had! The burgers were also really delicious and liked that they were small so you can try different flavours.
- love all the burgers here, I’ve been going regularly and all the burgers are unique and always good service.
- I visit Slider Town at least once a month and I have to say that I think it’s great.
8. Peter And That’s Enough
Fancy a pizza? You’ve come to the right place, that’s for sure!
Loughborough is home to the very first Peter pizzeria, offering a relaxed and quirky interior to settle you right in.
Their pizza bases are made with sourdough which has been fermented for 20 hours and hand-shaped, giving them a real authentic feel.
They have a choice of red and white pizzas including the Raffaella with pesto sauce and mozzarella with sliced truffle!
- I’m a really fussy eater, but the staff were more than helpful to listen to what I liked and create a pizza that suited me.
- Peter Pizzeria what a fantastic concept! I had the pleasure of eating what I consider to be the best authentic/genuine Neapolitan pizza.
- The only word to describe the interior of Peter is random, but that will get people talking, won’t it?
Are you feeling hungry yet? We’re not surprised! We hope you take our advice on board and visit these super yummy Loughborough restaurants. When living and studying in this town, be reassured that you’ll never go hungry! Wanting to make a fakeaway in your student accommodation for a healthy alternative? Check out our latest blog here for recipes.